Monday, March 19, 2018

What's New

1. The weather! 

When Red Baron awoke last Saturday and looked out the window, he saw that winter hath incumen in, and no cuckoo was singing.

My backyard

Forsythia is suffering, and so do I.
Mind you, tomorrow is Tagundnachtgleiche (vernal equinox), conventionally marking the beginning of spring, but the maximum temperature in Freiburg will only be 3 degrees Celsius (37 degrees Fahrenheit) continuing throughout the week.

My experience with the climatic change is a shift in the winter season in Europe. While we enjoy warm Christmases, frosty nights extend well into March. How the magnolia between my apartment and the house of the student fraternity Teutonia blossomed end of March last year. Compare this with the photo of this year's cold snap.



2. Wikipedia

As you may know, Red Baron works for the German Wikipedia, proudly tooting that the German Wikipedia for its number of articles - more than two million - is only surpassed by the English Wikipedia with more than 5 million. As far as my contributions are concerned, you may consult my earlier blog.

When you study the list of all my articles, you will note that since last Sunday, the Freiburg-Madison-Gesellschaft has an article on the German Wikipedia. Click on the logo:

This is only the 46th article I have created, a somewhat miserable quota in fourteen years, but you should not forget all my editing work, particularly correcting crappy German texts. Young people are sometimes very active in writing but don't know German. In addition, as you may know, Wikipedia is not the only purpose in my life.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment