|Andreas Scheuer looking at speed limits in other countries:|
Irresponsible. Against all common sense (©Stuttmann).
Red Baron’s car will accelerate to more than 120 mph but I rarely go faster than 80 mph on an autobahn*. I do not accept the argument of the adversaries of a speed limit: On about 40% of the autobahns, there already are speed limits while on the other 60% you may drive as fast as traffic permits ... until you get stuck in a Stau (traffic jam). The adversaries argue that while the motor is idling the CO2 emission is bigger than when driving more than 130 km/h on stretches with only minor traffic.
*Being an old man I only drive about 3000 miles in a year covering long distances rather by train at speeds up to 186 mph
Yesterday the Federal Government decided that free citizens will keep their free speed.
I rather think, "It is high time that Germany’s holy cow is slaughtered."