Sunday, June 18, 2017

Portrait Mode

In 2000 Red Baron acquired his first digital camera just in time to take many photos of his first grandson. Since then, digital photography has progressed by leaps and bounds. I have owned some excellent pocket cameras. As time went by, smartphone cameras became better and better. So in recent years, I have taken all my photos with my iPhones, giving my digital camera to Elisabeth.

Well, I admit there is no optical zoom on a smartphone, but I still remember the time of analog photography when I was only happy with one focal lens. The missing zoom has been partly mitigated by the dual camera of the iPhone 7 plus. I now capture slides with a high resolution during lectures with a longer focal length, even when I am not sitting in the front row. But there is more to it. Using both lenses simultaneously allows you to take photos in portrait mode, where a person's face is focused while the background comes out blurred.

Red Baron does not take many portraits, for most people are camera-shy. I found another use of Apple's portrait mode in photographing flowers. In the following, you may enjoy a collection or, rather, a whole bunch of flowers I took in my neighborhood over the last months with growing enthusiasm.

Enjoy.

The most gratifying objects are roses.
Wind roses
The yellow rose of Wiehre
Hollyhock
Rhododendron
Orange-fulvous daylily
Oleander
Geranium
Back to the rose. I took this one at the end of April.

PS: Since I am not an expert in flowers, please correct the names.
*

1 comment:

  1. Blur Background - Blur image app best tool for set the blurry image effect on your photo to using the android phone. Auto blur shapes effect & blur image background easily after using this blur app.

    ReplyDelete