Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Corona 5

Today was Red Baron's shopping day. I went early to the bakery and was alone in the small room. I bought my supply for the next two days and headed home.

At precisely 1000 hours, Professor Wieler of the Robert Koch Institute gave his daily report on national television on the Corona situation in Germany. On Monday, he spoke of the apparent trend that the exponential growth curve is flattening somewhat. Still, he did not want to make a new evaluation quoting the recent number of cases, "We must continue to wait and see whether the measures taken take effect."

"At the moment, it is too early to make reliable statements. Germany is only at the beginning of the epidemic", he continued. "How the situation will develop is completely open."


Here is an exciting graphic I found this morning on the Internet channel of NTV, illustrating the situation in China, Italy, South Korea, and Germany. If you are suspicious about the Chinese data, the Koreans have demonstrated that the rate of Corona infections can be lowered by drastic measures. While the number of new infections is flattening in Italy, the number of dead is still high.

In the background is the Church of St. John the Baptist.
I took a long detour walking to the grocery, following my solitary lunch. On my way, I marched down empty Talstraße.

When I entered the supermarket, guiding my shopping cart with gloved hands, my first sight was that of a full pallet of toilet paper. The supply of canned food was sufficient too.

I filled my backpack with my needs for the following days and went home. On arrival, I proudly noticed that I had 42 minutes forced walk today, covering a distance of 4.8 kilometers.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment