Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Corona in the Fall of 2021

Autumn is incuming in, and temperatures are getting low. While Red Baron was going to Kieser this morning, the sky was overcast with a mere 15 ⁰C (59 ⁰F).

Occasionally following my training on my way home, I walk into a Pfeifle bakery shop, buy my Wurzelbrot, have a coffee, and enjoy an Oberlindenhörnle.

In Baden-Württemberg, since Monday, life with Corona has become more complicated as a new Coronalandesverordnung (state directive on Corona) came into force. This new directive is no longer based on the Covid-19 incidence rate but on stricter control of people in confined spaces.

Taking your coffee seated in a shop or cafe requires that you not only must register but also prove that you fulfill one of the three Corona Gs, i.e., being geimpft (vaccinated), genesen (recovered), or getestet (tested). For the latter, a rapid test certificate not older than 24 hours is required in most places. However, a negative PCR test is mandatory in nightclubs with enger Tuchfühlung (intimately touching distance).


Luckily, my favorite bakery Pfeifle offers registration via the Luca app, so Red Baron scanning a corresponding barcode with his iPhone did not have to sign his name and address.


New this time was that I had to present my vaccination certificate, fortunately, stored on my phone too.

Zwetschgendatschi
Another novelty today: I opted for a Zwetschgendatschi as a seasonal pastry instead of the usual Oberlindenhörnle. The plum tart was delicious.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment