Thursday, April 27, 2023

15 years with Kieser


Red Baron goes to Kieser twice a week for muscle training.


One of the coaches saved my day this morning when I left the gym.



He handed me a bottle of sparkling wine for my loyalty: 15 years of KieserStaatsgut (Estate of the State of Baden-Württemberg) in Freiburg. The bottle is filled with "Cuvé brut," i.e., with excellent quality wine. Note the Minster steeple on the label.


Fortunately, I had my new backpack with me for the first time. I unfolded it to full size so the bottle in its packaging just fit.


The sparkling wine came with a card, the text of which I do not translate here, and a second card on which the coaches I know had signed.


I still remember my first contact with Kieser well. Elisabeth and I had just moved into our new apartment in Mittelwiehre when a neighbor suddenly stood before me. We talked, and then he looked at my sad figure from top to bottom, and it came out of him spontaneously, "You must go to Kieser."

He dragged me to the Kieser gym and got a small cash bonus for his new acquisition. He spent the money inviting me and our wives for lunch in a nearby restaurant. And we continued that practice without a Kieser bonus. That's how we became friends. Sadly, he died a few years ago, and Elisabeth succeeded him.

Of course, I thank Kieser for the sparkling wine, but my thanks for the faithful training accompaniment are much more important. From time to time, it is refreshing to go through individual exercises with one of the trainers for correct execution and listen to their various opinions.

Once again, my heartfelt thanks go to the competent Kieser Team in Freiburg's Grünwälderstraße.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment