Monday, July 25, 2016

My Blog Is Being Hacked

I had some suspicion in the past, but now it is evident: My blog is being hacked. Luckily it is only a minor offense, but the permanent attack from the Internet is still annoying. Looking at the picture below, you will notice from the intense green color that I have a high frequency of visits to my blog from Russia. The fact is, the visitors produced more than 300 visits to my site on July 19, with the same frequency (70) for a couple of my recent blogs.


The total number of visits from Russia was 1935 last week and is still counting high. I don't exclude those buggers (sorry) having activated a bot. In Wikipedia, we read: An Internet bot, also known as a web robot, WWW robot, or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet. Typically, bots perform simple and structurally repetitive tasks at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

That is not all. In visiting some of my all-time "bestsellers" frequently, they catapult this "old stuff" into the weekly and monthly ranking of my present blogs falsifying my personal statistics completely. What is their interest in all this? Don't those Russian visitors have no other job?

I have reset some of those abused "historic" blogs to the draft status as an immediate measure. Furthermore, I will no longer display the list of my all-time-high blogs. Finally, I shall again "Complain to Blogger," knowing there will be no response. I am sorry for all the inconvenience this will cause my faithful readers, but I hate being manipulated.

PS: So far, Google's Blogger has not offered any remedy (e.g., banning all access to my blog from Russian territory), so I shall suppress all statistical information being completely wrong from my site.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment