Saturday, April 3, 2021

Happy Easter

Let me take the occasion of Easter to present you with a few splinters. The information is too small for entire blogs to write.

This morning I went downtown to the Minster Market. While waiting for the streetcar, I noticed a long queue aligned on the other sideway.


White Asparagus


They will pay any price for the white gold.
Those people keeping their distance patiently stood in line to buy the year's first asparagus. Faithful readers may remember that Germans are mad about white asparagus. Red Baron likes the vegetable too, but this year may have to do without it if Freiburg's specialized restaurants remain closed during the asparagus season (April to the middle of June).


A Cashpoint



A month ago, this cash dispenser suddenly appeared near my streetcar stop and immediately became the talk of the town. The ATM machine, placed on private ground in a recess of an existing building, waits for customers. Up to now, I haven't seen anyone getting cash from the banknote dispenser.

Although no cash is dispensed, the landowner cashes a monthly fee from the teller machine's operator.

The reason for the machine being idle is twofold.

All primary and saving banks in Germany have their own cash dispensers where customers fetch their banknotes free of charge.

Although Germans love their banknotes and despise credit cards, they need less cash with retailers and restaurants closed during the pandemic. So all banks in Germany have already reduced their cash dispensers by 20%.

While people in my quarter think that the cash dispenser is in the wrong place, it is definitely there at the wrong time.


Holbeinpferdchen


©BZ

©Lindt

Red Baron blogged about the foal named Holbein before. He also accompanied the slimming-down action.

Now the foal was dressed up as the well-known Golden Easter Bunny.

Although marked "Lindt," don't bite into the fake bunny!


Kieser Training



Following the opening of Kieser Training on March 22, Red Baron has used their equipment extensively, always coming home feeling stiff and aching.


Will they still be allowed to operate in 10 days? It all depends on the Covid-19 incidence rate in Freiburg. Yesterday the city was at 66.6.

If the figure exceeds 100 over three consecutive days, Kieser must close again. I keep my fingers crossed. My weakened body needs exercise!


Magnolia in Blossom



Remember my blog about my personal spring indicator? The magnolia in front of my kitchen window came into full bloom just for Easter. 

A Happy Easter to all my friends and readers.

*

1 comment: